MEDIA, INTERVIEW, CLASSES AND SPEAKING INFORMATION
Thank you for your interest in my work.
If you are interested in:
having me come to speak to your organization (suggested topics),
interviewing me for your publication, or
joining my email list to be notified of future articles I write, speaking and teaching engagements or other information,
please send me an EMAIL.
UPCOMING WORKSHOPS AND SEMINARS
Copyrights in Estate Planning and Divorce: A Thorny Set of Issues
California Lawyers for the Arts
August 22, 2018
12 to 1:30 PM
MEDIA AND SPEAKING EXPERIENCE
Interviews in the following magazines and appearance on the following radio shows and other media as an expert in Internet and publishing law:
- Q&A on email@example.com
- San Francisco Chronicle (Google Settlement)
- “The Advocate” and “Plaintiff” Legal Magazines
- WDET (Detroit Public Radio)
- The Hollywood Reporter Blog (Eriq Gardner) (Google Settlement)
- Spin Magazine (Article about music sampling)
- ABCNews.com June 2007
- DHL Business Watch Newsletter June, 2006
- San Francisco Chronicle, May 14, 2006
- Mycoolcareer.com Radio Show
- Pages Magazine
- PR Intelligence Report
- Bloomberg Television News Service
- The Beautiful Plan
- Folio: FIRST DAY
- CommVerge Magazine
- Computer and Internet LAWCAST
- Business Week Online (multiple interviews)
- The Charlotte Austin Review, Ltd.
- Los Angeles Times, November 15, 2000
- "To Protect Serve" by Denise Dubie (Publish Magazine, September 2000)
- Writers Digest Annual Childrens Writers and Illustrators Market 2001
- Training Magazine
- I/O Magazine
- Momwriters On Line Chat
- Music Connection (twice)
- Web Talk Guys
- The Business/High Tech Hour with Bob McCormick-KNX Radio (Multiple Interviews)
- "Talking About This Week" on About.com
- "On Ramp with John Levine" Radio Show
- "Net Talk" Radio Show
- "Computer Radio" Radio Show
- "Entertainment On Line" Radio Show
- "Inside The Net"
- "The Cyber Advocate Radio Show"
- Wordsmith (http://www.aw-wrdsmth.com)
Noted as an expert in the following books, seminars and programs:
Seminars on Copyright, Internet, Web Design and Publishing law:
- Publishing and Writing Law-SPAWN (July, 2018)
- Publishing and Writing Law-Independent Book Publishers Association-Webinar (October, 2016)
- Publishing and Writing Law--Bridgeport Continuing Education (September, 2015)
- Publishing and Writing Law--Attorney Credits Continuing Education (February, 2015)
- How Marital Settlement Agreements are Affected by the Copyright Law (California State Bar/Family Law Section (2012)
- Independent Writers of Southern California (2011, 2006, 2005)
- Entrepreneurship and the Internet-UCLA Extension
- Copyright In the 21st Century: Lecture as Part of Seminar of Prof. David Nimmer-UCLA Law School
- Publishing and Writing Law-UCLA Extension-October, 2003
- Principles of Intellectual Property Law-UCLA Extension
- California Writers Club-May, 2002
- Sacramento Publishers Association-April 28, 2001
- Keynote Speaker-Temple University Virtual Conference on Intellectual Property and Digital Information in Higher Education-April 18, 2001
- HorizonLive.com Online Lecture on Legal Issues in Distance Education-January, 2001, May, 2003
- Clicking with Kids & Teens:Creating & Marketing Content In The Digital Age-November, 2000-Los Angeles
- Interview with ITWorld.com-November, 2000
- MX Mastermind Teleconference on Publishing and Internet Law-September, 2000
- International Business Law and the Internet-July, 2000-UCLA Extension
- Roundtable Forum on Technology and Privacy June, 2000
- How To Make Money as a Web Designer-Webgrrls-June, 2000-Los Angeles
- Internet Law and Marketing for the Modern Publisher-May, 2000, 2001-Chicago
- Foreign Publishing Deals-May, 2000-Chicago
- Privacy, Government Regulations and Security on the Internet-Venice Interactive Community-May, 2000-Los Angeles
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association-May, 2000
- Bay Area Editors Forum-January 2000
- UCLA Campus Editors and Writers Organization-December, 1999
- International Symposium on Intellectual Property and Information Technology-Hong Kong, November, 1999
- The Mountains and Plains Booksellers Association-September, 1999
- The Learning Annex-Multiple Occasions
- The Bay Area Forum-July, 1999
- UCLA Extension (International Aspects of Internet Law for a class in "Law In International Business")
- Washington College (Electronic Copyright Law)-May, 1999
- San Diego Publishing Alliance
- SPAWN (Small Publishers, Artists and Writers Network)
- Publishers Marketing Association University- 1997, 1998
- The Bakersfield Women's Business Conference-1998
Giving Back to the Legal and Business Community
I have been exceptionally fortunate in my career (being an excellent lawyer also helps of course) and these are just some of the ways I have chosen to give something back.
- Participant: Library of Congress, Copyright Roundtable, Should sound recordings fixed before February 15, 1972 be brought under federal copyright law? June, 2011.
- Justice, UCLA Law School Moot Court Competition 2006
- Judge, Project Echo Business Plan Competition 2005, 2006
- Judge, Intercollegiate Competition on "Ethics and Business," Center for Ethics and Business, Loyola Marymount University 2004, 2005
- "How Termination of Transfer Rights Under The Copyright Law May Affect Estate Planning" (California State Bar Trusts and Estates Planning Quarterly, Volume 19, Issue 1, 2013)
- "How Marital Settlement Agreements Are Affected By The Copyright Law" (California State Bar Family Planning Newsletter, Issue No. 2, 2013)
- 3 part article "Terminations of Transfers" (including issues about probate and divorce and community property). Los Angeles and San Francico Daily Journal.
- State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Review, Spring, 2013 "Terminating Marital Settlement Agreements Under The Copyright Law."
- St. Louis Publishers Association
- California Copyright Conference Newsletter
- Jurist Hotline: Legal Magazine of The University of Pittsburgh Law School
- EC Council Course on “Cyber Law”
- Business, Management, and Legal Programs Forum of UCLA Extension
- UCLA Extension (MCLE Self Assessment Articles)
- DevWebPro Newsletter
- Mill Creek Partners
- El Sitio Maestro.com
- Institute of Chartered Financial Analyst of India Journal of Intellectual Property Rights
- ADSlogans Unlimited
- Illinois Woman's Press Association
- Women's National Book Association/Los Angeles Chapter and National
- The DevWeb Web Magazine
- Site Point Network (multiple articles)
- BarBrief Newsletter of the Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Opportunity Update Online Magazine
- Virtual University Business Digest
- The Daily Profitstream
- Independent Publisher Online
- Direct Marketing Association Interactive
- Gigalaw.com (multiple articles)
- Brazos Writers
- The Rock, A Weekly Electronic Magazine for Writers
- St. Louis Publishers Association
- International Association of Computer Professionals web site
- The Government of Hong Kong Intellectual Property Department web site
- The State Bar of Georgia Intellectual Property newsletter
- Microtimes computer magazine
- Publishers Marketing Association magazine (multiple articles)
- Romance Writers of America-Austin Texas Chapter
- Writer's Edge On-Line Magazine
- Mesh Magazine
- BookZone On Line
- Studio B On Line
- International Interactive Communications Society-Oregon Chapter
- SPAN (Small Publishers and Author's Network)
- Keystrokes On Line Magazine
- Barbeque Today: Official Publication of the National Barbeque Association
- Termination of Transfers Under the Copyright Law including the effect on probate and divorce issues.
- Digital Publishing: The Significant Contractual and Other Legal Issues
- Divorce and Copyright
- Deceased Celebrities and Copyright
- Entrepreneurship and the Internet
- Recording and Music Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- Publishing and Writing Law
- Web Design and Internet Law
- Corporate Training and Online Education: The Legal and Business Issues
- The Convergence of Media: Legal and Business Issues
- Children's Online Privacy Protection Act.
- Privacy and The Internet
- Domain Names and Trademarks.
- The Role of the Creator in the 21st Century.
- Internet Law and Marketing for the Modern Publisher.
- Copyright and Trademark Law.
- How To Make Money as a Web Designer.
- Music and the Internet.
- Law And International Business.
- Business and e-THICS on the Internet.
- The Impact of the Internet on Academic Publishing and Rights.
- Copyright Licensing On and Off The Internet.
- Web Design Law
[back to top]